J.R. Hopes Art Scholarship
James R. Hopes has established scholarships to encourage talented art students with financial need to further their art careers
Selected students will each receive a $3,000 scholarship for the 2017-18 academic year.
This scholarship may be used to pay for tuition, textbooks, fees and any other items included in the cost of an art education.
Winners will reflect the benefactor's wish that students serious about a career in the arts, who exhibit financial need, will have the resources to reach their fullest potential as artists, human beings and contributors to the greater good.
Applicants must be majors in the UCF School of Visual Arts & Design. Awards will be given in the following areas:
- Painting, Drawing, and Printmaking
- Digital Arts (Photography, Animation, Graphic Design, Illustration)
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student in the Art B.A./B.F.A., Digital Media B.A./B.F.A. or Photography B.S.
- Applicant must maintain a 3.0 overall grade point average
- Preference will be given to students entering their sophomore or junior year in 2017-18
- Students may submit only one application regardless of artistic category
Friday, March 24, 2017 at 11:59pm